Suggestion: Cursor acceleration

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
yerodin

Suggestion: Cursor acceleration

Post by yerodin »

Hi,

yes, it's me again. Sorry - I know I'm a demanding bastard.

However I can't help but think how cool it would be if the cursor movement speed would scale with the velocity of the head movement like most mouse drivers allow today. That way the user could have precise fine pointing and still be able to cruise across the whole screen without breaking his neck.

I hope Birch hasn't placed a bounty on my head yet for demanding more and more features of his (great) software.

Greetings,

Yero

P.S. By the way, when can we expect the next software release? *runs for cover*
yerodin

Re: Suggestion: Cursor acceleration

Post by yerodin »

*Bump*
Donald

Post by Donald »

Hello Yerodin,

We are working in the new release which will have a whole slew of updates and other enhancements. However, the best I can tell you right now is that it is expected in the next 90-180 days.

One of the big changes is separate X & Y axis speed controls. Now, whether these will be static across the board for the full range of motion or adjustable like the edit points in the TrackIR2 software I don't know. This is something that will have to be looked at.

Thank you,

Donald
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

We have tried allowing for mouse acceleration, but we found it to not be intuitive, because the reference from your head moves and you can end up looking at the screen from an odd angle.