trouble with 2.14

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
Rkratt

trouble with 2.14

Post by Rkratt »

Sometime ago I downloaded the beta version of the natural points software. For some reason which I can't remember I decided to go back to version 2.14. I uninstalled everything. When I reinstalled I encountered a problem at startup. The following message shows up:

Failed to open language file

There is an okay box. When they okay is clicked the same error message box shows up. If clicked again that computer will freeze. In order to avoid this problem, I need to open the task manager and stop naturalpoint. After this is done naturalpoint can be started normally with no problem.

Because I am a high-level quad with no use of my hands I need to do all of this with NaturallySpeaking. Is there a way to repair this problem?

Thank you, Richard Kratt
Wayne

Re: trouble with 2.14

Post by Wayne »

Hello Richard,

You may have to get someone to help you with this.
It sounds as if the folder has been moved that contains the NaturalPoint files.

From our database I can see that you have ordered more than one unit. What is the serial number of the unit that you are using the 2.14 drivers with?

Is this error happening with the other units that you have?
Rkratt

Post by Rkratt »

This problem does not seem to happen on the other computers. However, my desktop computer is the only one that I tried beta version on. I'm not quite sure what you mean about the folder shift. I certainly did nothing intentionally to move anything.

The serial number on the unit I'm using is:

Richard
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hello Richard,

I suspect the problem is because of the later drivers/software that was installed.

I have e-mailed you a detailed un-install procedure that will ensure that any previous installs will be un-installed from your system.

Unfortunatly this is going to require that you have somebody assist you in this, and I will be available to help if needed.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Richard,

Thank you for the reply to let me know that everything is working okay now