Clicker Problems

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
tkrokowski

Clicker Problems

Post by tkrokowski »

Hello,

I am writing on behalf of my father who is currently using the smartNAV system. He purchased a unit a while ago and has been successfully using it with a desktop and laptop both running Windows XP. Recently, he purchased an additional smartNAV unit for use at home with his laptop running Windows XP. As mentioned prior the older unit worked fine with this laptop but the new unit poses a problem...

Installation goes fine and the system recognizes the attached hardware. However after the software is initialized, the head pointer will function (meaning the cursor moves) but the clicking mechanism will not. I've tried switching clicking mechanisms to no avail and have noticed that sometimes the clicking button will function as "right-click" only. Also while the smartNAV software is running, his regular mouse exhibits the same problem. I am not familiar with this device and was wondering if anyone had any input regarding my problem.

As I understand it, the only difference between his older smartNAV and the newer one is the clicking mechanism (or maybe the software that controls it?).

Any help you could give us would be greatly appreciated! This device has had a wonderful impact on his life and has empowered him to compute with ease!

Thank you.
Donald

Re: Clicker Problems

Post by Donald »

Hello,

From what you described, it sounds like you do not have any external switches plugged in and you are getting errant right-click signals. From what we can tell, these signals are coming from the OS itself.

The fix for this is to click on the word "Right" under Switches on the Smart-NAV software front screen.

This will bring up a menu in the middle of the interface. Choose the "Pause" option and then click Save.

You should now notice that the Right switch function is now set to Pause. This will stop the errant right click signals from effecting the unit.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. You can also contact us directly by sending an email to: support@naturalpoint.com