compatibility with mult monitor setups

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
mikesan

compatibility with mult monitor setups

Post by mikesan »

Hi I was just wondering if the smartnav product will work with a mult monitor system. Has anyone ever tried this? I'm thinking of trying it out, however, I don't know how it would be to scroll around the width of 3 screens. Thanks.

Mike San
Donald

Re: compatibility with mult monitor setups

Post by Donald »

The answer is it depends.

If the monitors are very close together, the screen size is small and the resolution is low then it will probably work.

Right now we only have the ability of using one camera. The lens has a 30 degree field of view. If you turn outside of this view then the camera will lose tracking.

Our test have shown that on (3) 17" monitors at 1024x768 with speed set all the way to the positive and the 2x button engaged that we can almost get from the far left edge to the far right edge but we are short by a little bit.

We are working on a system of being able to connect multiple cameras together to be able to use a multi monitor setup cleanly and easily.