Unresponsive eye

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
dowdm

Unresponsive eye

Post by dowdm »

The green LED on the infrared eye does not turn off even when I look away, and the Natural Point freezes. It lasts for a significant time. Sometimes the mouse returns to normal. It seems to happen more when the dwell click red light is on.

XP Service Pack 2 , Smartnav 2.51
Donald

Re: Unresponsive eye

Post by Donald »

Hello Sir,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

When you say the Naturalpoint freezes what does this mean?

Does the cursor stop moving?

You said the LED stays green when you look away and this will happen if the camera picks up some other IR reflective item. Doesn't mean the cursor will move, just that the camera has detected an IR reflection so the LED will stay green.

Is there a dot visible on the tracking screen and if so, what color is it or what color is the box that surrounds it?

What dwell click red light? The Dwell click toolbar can be paused by clicking the green vertical bar which will cause the toolbar to collapse to a red circle...clicking this circle with re-expand the toolbar. Is this this light you are talking about?

Please let me know...You can also email your response directly to support@naturalpoint.com

[ September 07, 2004, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: Donald Forbes ]