Dwellclick problem(with some programs)

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
misterf2

Dwellclick problem(with some programs)

Post by misterf2 »

First of all, I have just received my new SmartNav 3 AT unit (uprade) & I'm pleased with the improved performance. Nice job guys , looks like a winner.
Okay, so I had someone plug it in for me (I'm disabled) & gave it a
test drive. I tried it with the programs I use, worked fine until (gasp) I tried the games. The only problem is with the Dwellclicker program. It works great with 'Dungeon Siege'. But I tried my golf game, "Links 2001" I can't click anything, Dwellclicker doesn't function. I feel kind of silly complaining about dwellclick not working with a game of all things. Especially since it works with more important programs. I'm not sure what the solution might be. Is tinkering with the Dwellclick program an option? Perhaps a hardware option? That Y adapter offers some possiblities. Other people who use this computer use a cordless mouse. hmm... cordless.... If only I had mouse buttons on my wheelchair where I could reach them. wouldn't need dwellclick then...hmm...
kevin

Re: Dwellclick problem(with some programs)

Post by kevin »

Hello Ben,

Thanks for your post, lets see if we can flush out your problem.

First, does the dwell click control panel disappear when you are playing?

Are you sure the game is allowing you to actually hoover (dwell) over where you want to click? Some games do odd things with the cursor and can make dwellclick think it doesnt need to be working.

Also please provide your serial # (on the bottom of the unit) and your software version. This will help further troubleshoot the problem.

Thank you for taking the time to post to the forums

-Kevin

[ September 28, 2004, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: kevin ]
misterf2

Post by misterf2 »

Kevin

hmm...I knew I forgot something...
the serial number of my SmartNav 3 AT unit is 20771 & I am running version 3.20.008 of the software.

The dwellclick control bar does disappear but if I go to the top of the screen where I think it is located, there is a flickering effect & I can almost see it.

This game (Links2001) usually fullscreen, allows you to force it into a window. I can then see the dwellclick bar but with the same problem.

I can't click through the opening menu screen & I
am not able to exit the game. I have to use task
manager to close out.

Also, with my previous SmartNav device (#005349 and 2.20 software) I could play the game fine.

I hope that kind of explains things better

Thanks for the reply
kevin

Post by kevin »

Ben

When you try to click does the dwellclick make its usual audible beep? Dwellclick should make a sound when clicking or in your case trying to click.

We are trying to determine if the dwellclick software is clicking and just not getting a response from the program or not doing anything at all.
misterf2

Post by misterf2 »

I actually had the click sound off.
To answer your question - yes it does beep when I try to do something with the game.
kevin

Post by kevin »

Ben,

Since you are hearing the audible feedback, the dwell click software is working. It seems that the game is not getting the 'send input' signals that the dwell clicker sends. It is strange that it worked previously but doesn't now.

We have verified that our software conforms to the windows standards for sending input (mouse clicks) to programs. These standards allow for devices to reliably interact with programs.

At this time it appears that Links 2001 is not conforming to these standards and as such is not getting the proper input signals.

Sorry we couldn't be of more assistance.
misterf2

Post by misterf2 »

Darn, I knew I was sunk when dwellclick beeped and nothing happened in the game.

I guess it makes sense that a windows-based program like dwellclick may create difficulties with a program that's actually an old fullscreen program.

I thought I'd try this route (NaturalPoint) first and then explore other options.

thanks for trying to help. From the looks of this forum, others seem to have more serious problems with than I do.

Fortunately I have not experienced any serious problems between my computer & your fantastic product. I haven't really lost a step since I could
no longer use a regular mouse.

thanks again