User rights/permissions with NaturalPoint

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
Sean

User rights/permissions with NaturalPoint

Post by Sean »

I have recently spent a lot of time with my workplaces IT department trying to get the NaturalPoint software version 2.14 working properly with my SmartNav 2. I managed to work out that although its obvious that you need to be a local administrator on a PC to install the software, it appears that is necessary to to have local administrator rights to run the software on a day-to-day basis. Large companies and their IT departments don't like users to have local admin rights on their networks. My employer is no different resulting in my inability to use the device at work! This is a real shame as the SmartNav improves my productivity at work by a significant amount.

Is there a version of the NaturalPoint software that doesn't need administrator rights to to work properly with Windows 2000 SP4 on a corporate network? Dragon NaturallySpeaking needs "power user" rights to work properly and this is the maximum the Systems Administrator is happy for me to have.

I'm sure you have a solution, I can't be the first person to come up against this problem. So thanks in advance.

Cheers, Sean
kevin

Re: User rights/permissions with NaturalPoint

Post by kevin »

Hello Sean,

Please email me (kevin@naturalpoint.com), and include your units serial #. We have a few things we can try out.

I will be going home for the weekend but will get back to you first thing monday.

Cheers

[ October 15, 2004, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: kevin ]