TrackIR 3-Pro cheaper

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
fireman

Re: TrackIR 3-Pro cheaper

Post by fireman »

I posted this in the Tack ir 3 pro forum but thought I might as well stick it here as well.

I recently ordered a trackir 3 pro from a canadian distributer (extremegamingdevices.com) which I recieved today. However the product that arrived was a Smart Nav 2 with a "3" sticker placed over the 2 on the box.

Huge concerns here... this obviously isn't what I ordered. not even the same version number.
I am gonna contact the company and find out what is going on.......hopefully it was just an error on thier part, but somehow I doubt that........
fireman

Post by fireman »

been read a bit on the site. Is the smart nav a better system than the track ir 3 pro (certainly more expensive)

but this is not the smartnav3 it is a smartnav2 that the shipper has place a "3" sticker over. Will it still use the version 4 trackir software or should I be trying to send this back to the company I ordered it from.........frustrating.
yerodin

Post by yerodin »

Hi Fireman,

the SmartNAV 2 never saw the light of day. Instead Naturalpoint decided to call it 3 because it shares the same technical specs as the TrackIR 3. And hey, all the other cool companies skip version numbers, too...
fireman

Post by fireman »

Well, it did see the light of day because the box mine was shipped in was a SmartNAV 2. So hopefully it is actually a SmartNAV 3.

I assume then that I can use the Track IR 3 Pro version 4 software from the website instead of using the NAV software it came with.
Birch

Post by Birch »

quote:Originally posted by fireman:
Well, it did see the light of day because the box mine was shipped in was a SmartNAV 2. So hopefully it is actually a SmartNAV 3.

I assume then that I can use the Track IR 3 Pro version 4 software from the website instead of using the NAV software it came with.Fireman,

If you contact support@naturalpoint.com with the serial number of your device, they will identify the version and model that you have purchased. By your description though, it sounds like you have a SmartNAV 3.

Also, you can use the TrackIR version 4 software with your SmartNAV for gaming. If you wish to do cursor control, you will need to use the SmartNAV version 3 software, which provides many features to deliver an optimal cursor control experience.

[ March 04, 2005, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint - Birch Zimmer ]
fireman

Post by fireman »

As an update, I did recieve a proper Track IR 3 pro. It seems it was a shipping error from my supplier. All has been rectifed (very quickly, I might add) and I'm now in the process of figuring this thing out.