Conflict with Accessibility Switches?

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
john_desanta

Conflict with Accessibility Switches?

Post by john_desanta »

I use the Crick USB Switch Box in conjunction with some accessibility switches from Tash for left-clicking and right-clicking. If I get the SmartNav Basic, will it have a conflict with these devices if I try to use them simultaneously with the SmartNav?
kevin

Re: Conflict with Accessibility Switches?

Post by kevin »

Hello John,

You should have no issues with compatibility between your switches and the SmartNAV.

If for some reason you do have any issues we have a 30 money back guarantee.

If you have any other questions please post them here or give us a call.

Cheers,
Kevin
kevin

Post by kevin »

The standard SmartNAV still uses the same basic software package that the other SmartNAV models do. The other models just have different features enabled.

So the standard will interact with your switches in the same way as any of our other models.

As far as our 30 day money back policy, it is a blanket policy for all our units. You can return your unit, no questions asked, within 30 days.
john_desanta

Post by john_desanta »

Thanks for the response, Kevin. So, just to be painfully clear, you're saying this should be true even with the basic model of the SmartNav, right? I was afraid I might have to get one of the more expensive models to avoid any conflicts. If what you're saying is correct, it will save me a lot of money since I don't need any of the other features of the higher end versions of SmartNav. Thank you, once again. I just didn't want to take the chance that I might end up being one of the "exceptions" to the rule when it came to the 30-day return policy. As great as this tool sounds, I'd rather clarify as much as possible in advance rather than be stuck with something that I can't return for some reason.

[ November 02, 2004, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: john_desanta ]
john_desanta

Post by john_desanta »

This is great news. Thanks a lot, Kevin.
Birch

Post by Birch »

There is one thing that I would like to mention in this discussion about using alternative methods of clicking in combination with the Smart-NAV.

Part of Windows method for detecting double clicks relies on the mouse not moving more than a specified amount during the double click activation.

In the Smart-NAV software, there is a built in feature which detects when the user is attempting to double click, and will pause the cursor movement for a split-second so ensure that the double click is performed. Unfortunatly, this feature will only work when the click originates from within the Smart-NAV software, it is not possible to activate it from an external clicking device.

Smart-NAV Manual (see Section 4.2.3 "Double Click Assist")

It is most likely that it will not be a problem, but is possible that every now and then a double click may require more than one attempt to succeed depending on how the external clicking device sends it's commands to windows.

[ November 04, 2004, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: Birch Zimmer ]
john_desanta

Post by john_desanta »

Thanks for the caveat.