Smaller Head Movements

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
johnny55

Smaller Head Movements

Post by johnny55 »

Is there a way to configure the Smartnav3 to respond to smaller headmovements?

Right now I have to turn my head almost all the way left and right to get to the top right and bottom left of the screen.

Thanks!
kevin

Re: Smaller Head Movements

Post by kevin »

Hello Johnny,

There are a few options you can tweak in the software control panel to adjust the amount of head movement required;

The first step is to make sure the camera is positioned properly so that it has the best field of view. The ideal is about 2 feet from the reflective dot/hat. To verify this you can open the control panel and go to the tracking tab and make sure your dot is near the center.

If you open the software and click on the control panel you can go to the Movement tab and adjust the speed to be faster. These can be adjusted seperately on the horizontal and veritcal axis.

You can also adjust the motion slider to be more responsive which should help decrease the amount of head movement needed to reach the far corners of the desktop.

Once you become comfortable I would suggest trying Absolute Mode as it remembers where your initial center point is and the software does not have to recenter itself as it does in Relative mode.

Cheers,
Kevin

[ January 27, 2005, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint - Kevin ]