Smartnav 4 and auto pan?

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
Robocop

Smartnav 4 and auto pan?

Post by Robocop »

I got a trackir 2 years ago strictly for gaming, as my disabity worsened I started using the device to navigate in windows. I have tryed to use trackir 3 to do the same, navigate in windows, much to my dismay I could not do so. That time it did not cause much of an issue because the gaming features were not needed seeing as it was in a class at a university where being able to navigate windows was all that mattered. So, the university got a Smartnav 4. Problem solved. Knowing about this, I recently purchased a Smartnav 4. I figured I could use Smartnav 4 for navigating windows and gaming, but for some dumb reason the auto pan feature does not exists with Smartnav 4. What disabled people should not be allowed to play computer games? I could understand removing the features to navigate in windows with the Trackir, but if I have to buy the more expensive Smartnav 4, I should at least have the auto pan feature.
Birch

Re: Smartnav 4 and auto pan?

Post by Birch »

Since auto-panning is primarily a gaming feature it got moved to the TIR-Mouse application which ships with the TrackIR software. Tir-Mouse needs to be run in conjunction with the TrackIR software.

A new build of the TrackIR software which supports the SmartNav 4 camera is scheduled to be released soon, we will make an announcement here when it is ready for download.
Robocop

Post by Robocop »

Thanks for the quick response. I was considering sending the Smartnav 4 back. I guess I will wait before I consider doing that.
kalorvoe

Post by kalorvoe »

Dear Lord please tell me I haven't blown $800 bucks on something I can only use at work!!

Can anyone confirm that the SMARTNAV (not the TrackIR) can be used to play first person shooters??
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Depends on the application, and software used.
Bob422

Post by Bob422 »

It's been almost 5 years since the original post and as far as I know there has been no progress made on this problem. I am a C3 Quad and really miss the Auto Pan feature. I have not been able to play first person shooters as good as I could back when I had Windows XP and the excellent TrackIR 3 software that worked in every single game I played. I have been begging for years to bring Auto Pan to the SmartNav software because the TIRMouse.exe that is in version 4x of the TrackIR software is horrible and only works in a very few games.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello Bob422,

We will re-evaluate this feature, but there are no immediate plans for adding auto-pan to the SmartNav software.

Best regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager