Stuttering problems with NaturalPoint 001589

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
philipv

Stuttering problems with NaturalPoint 001589

Post by philipv »

Hi,

we are using NaturalPoint serial number 001589 with v2.51 of the software and are having some problems with stuttering. The computers we are using are networked with Windows 2000. When logged on as network administrator everything works really smoothly. However, when you log in as a normal user the pointer is extremely stuttery and jumps all over the place making it pretty much unusable.

I would be extremely grateful for any help you can give me on this as it is very frustrating. Let me know if you need any more information.

Best regards,

Phil
kevin

Re: Stuttering problems with NaturalPoint 001589

Post by kevin »

Hello Phil,

You can try logging in as administrator and going to the C:\Program Files\Naturalpoint\SmartNAV 2.51 directory. Then right click on NaturalPoint.exe and select properties.

Go to the security tab and click 'Add' then select everyone, then click ok. Select Everyone from the list of users and put a check box next to full control. This helps in many cases, if it does not please feel free to post again or give us a call (1-888-865-5535).

Its also worth noting that the issue you are experiencing was fixed in our version 3.xx software which works with the SmartNAV3. The SmartNAV3 represents several generations of improvements and should provide a smoother and more precise cursor control experience regardless of software. We have trade in specials running so if you are interested in upgrading please give us a call.
philipv

Post by philipv »

Hi again,

I've looked at the security settings and they're all okay, so unfortunately it doesn't look like that is the problem. Any other ideas as to what it might be?

Cheers in advance,

Phil
kevin

Post by kevin »

Hello Phil,

Ive got something that may help you out, please email me kevin@naturalpoint.com.

Cheers,
Kevin