programming a button to double-click???

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
chal7ds

programming a button to double-click???

Post by chal7ds »

Hello Smartnav users,

I have a question about the footpedal or even the footswitch.

What I want to be able to happen is when I click the left footpedal ONCE, instead of functioning as a single click, it functions as a DOUBLE click.

Is there a place in the control panel where you can change the button's function so that it will do this? If there is, I couldn't find it...

The reason why I am wanting to do this is because my footpedal is attached to my bed's footboard (Because i use my computer in bed)...and when i try double clicking with my foot on the pedal, the footboard of the bed wobbles too much. It doesn't seem to wobble at all if I just use single clicks however...

If anyone knows about this being a possibility, pls reply to this post!

Thanks a lot..

chal7ds
kevin

Re: programming a button to double-click???

Post by kevin »

Hello,

This is not currently a supported function though I have made a note for the developers and hopefully we can get it out in an upcoming release of the software.

Cheers,
Kevin
chal7ds

Post by chal7ds »

quote:Originally posted by NaturalPoint - Kevin:
Hello,

This is not currently a supported function though I have made a note for the developers and hopefully we can get it out in an upcoming release of the software.

Cheers,
KevinHow soon is the company anticipating a new release?
Birch

Post by Birch »

quote:Originally posted by chal7ds:
How soon is the company anticipating a new release?Hi chal7ds,

We will be evaluating this feature, but it is not certain whether it will be added to the software in upcoming releases. We are not able to release a specific date for the next version of the SmartNAV software right now, but will let the community know when we do have a new release available.

In the short term, if you wish to make double clicking on icons easier, you can change it to only require a single click.
This option is located in the menu of Windows Explorer : Tools->Folder Options->SingleClick to Open an Item

[ February 09, 2005, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint - Birch Zimmer ]