vista problems

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
aquafrenzy

vista problems

Post by aquafrenzy »

hello everybody,

i have just upgraded my computer to vista, and seem to be having the same problems and seem to be having the same problems that a few others have had. i cant open on screen keyboard using my ability switches but someone can open it with the mouse and after that i cant click on it anyway. when i try and set smartnav to load on startup i get a registry key error. user access control prompts stop smartnav from functioning at all.
has anybody found any solutions to these? is this something that will be fixed in the next smartnav software update or am i better off just going back to xp?

any help would be apreciated.

Paul
VincentG

Re: vista problems

Post by VincentG »

Well, there are a cpouple of things to work with here......

1 - For the on-screen keyboard, I would recommend using the one from click-n-type
http://cnt.lakefolks.org/

2 - To get it to run at startup, you will need to place a shortcut into the startup folder. Start menu -> programs -> startup

3 - As for UAC within Vista.
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Window ... 01033.mspx
monk

Post by monk »

Paul; I have almost the same problems.I can not use track Ir with CFS3 or Wings of war,although they are on the list of games.Somehow Natural Point has not made a patch for it.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

[quote=burgermister]Paul; I have almost the same problems.I can not use track Ir with CFS3 or Wings of war,although they are on the list of games.Somehow Natural Point has not made a patch for it.[/quote]

I'm currently not aware of any issues with Wings of War, are you running it and the TrackIR software as an admin

If you have anymore questions please post in the correct forum