Smartnav AT feedback

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
seanav

Smartnav AT feedback

Post by seanav »

I have just received and installed my recently purchased Smart Nav AT and I can happily say that I am delighted with it.
I upgraded from a earlier incarnation and the performance and feel of it has increased tremendously making it really user friendly and efficient.
I can see that it's going to make working on projects which are very mouse intensive like photo shop much easier than trying to use a rollerball mouse that I currently use because of disability.
One question I would add which maybe Kevin can answer has there been any compatibility issues with the IBM voice clicking element clashing with any users of Dragon NaturallySpeaking?
I will wait and see if there's any feedback on that issue as I don't want it to conflict with Dragon which is my only source of typing input because of restrictive hand use because of disability.
Just to be on the safe side I have not installed that yet.

One final point anyone from the United Kingdom who is thinking of purchasing the Smart Nav and using the rebate offered by Naturalpoint if you already own earlier hardware bear in mind that this will be offset by a hammering by customs and excise to the tune of 44 English pounds.
Therefore it may be cheaper in hindsight to buy direct from a UK supplier.

Yours faithfully
Sean Kelly