SmartNAV 4 losing tracking

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
VincentG

Re: SmartNAV 4 losing tracking

Post by VincentG »

Front of the system, or back of the system? (plugged into)
cgp

Post by cgp »

Back, straight into motherboard, GIGABYTE, GA-X38T-DQ6
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

OK, it is something that we are looking into.

Can you try using the device withg a powered USB hub?
cgp

Post by cgp »

I'll give it a try and post an update.
cgp

Post by cgp »

Well I tried a powered hub and it didn't help. I thought about what else I might try, so I have completely reloaded a fresh install of XP Pro and I'm still having the same problem. Am I the only one having this trouble?
yamee

Post by yamee »

I met the same problem;green light goes off,
I'm using win7;
pluged into motherbord;

what can i do ?
dkehler

Post by dkehler »

I struggled with this problem for more than a year. The only thing that worked for me was to get a quality, powered USB hub and clean out the registry of all previous SmartNav instances (from plugging it into different USB ports).
yamee

Post by yamee »

I think I solve this problem.

the reason green light goes off is the usb plug is not so tight.

push it tight ;in the back of the smartnav

done;

don't know if i make it clear.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

If the positioning on the SmartNav unit causes some strain on the cable, you can try using velcro or similar cable ties to attach the cable to the base of the unit. This should help provide relief on the connection point.
nathyboy29

Post by nathyboy29 »

cgp wrote: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:28 pm My SmartNAV 4 is regularly losing tracking. It is completely intermittent. It'll be working fine for hours then suddenly, it loses tracking. Then it might do it again twice in 10 minutes. The greenlight goes out completely. There is no red light, it's just going dark. I did have a SmartNAV 3 for years, which never had this problem, on the same computer, plugged into the same USB port and I have been and still am using Windows XP. I did try switching to a different USB port, it didn't make any difference. The only solution I have found is to close the SmartNAV software (Version: 3.20.035 Posted: July 25, 2008) and then restart it.
I don't know if this is a problem with the SmartNAV 4 itself or if it's a problem with the drivers? It seems to be happening more and more often and I'm concerned it's an electronic problem with the unit itself. Is anyone else having this problem? Any recommendations from tech support?
I know this is a very old topic but I am also experiencing this issue recently changed wire and everything is there a solution to this? when it does occur no objects are interfering in the cameras view and once the ir lights go off nothing detects the hardware