dwell clicker compatibility

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
dantzdiva

dwell clicker compatibility

Post by dantzdiva »

I just got a new pc and reinstalled my smartnav. I got the new download for the software from the website which, of course, included dwell clicker. The problem is that I cannot use the two programs together (although I can independently from each other) because I get an error message from smartnav saying that my hardware is not compatible with dwell clicker...BUT I used to be able to use the together.

When I go to enable dwell clicking in the smartnav control panel, it is greyed out...help?

[ July 16, 2006, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: dantzdiva ]
kevin

Re: dwell clicker compatibility

Post by kevin »

Please let me know the serial # of your SmartNAV and the version of the SmartNAV software you were/and are currently running.
dantzdiva

Post by dantzdiva »

The serial number is 37642 and I am running the latest download from the website:
NaturalPoint SmartNav version 3.2 build 28

As far as what I WAS running, I will have to get back to you on that if you need that info as it is on another pc. I did notice that the dwell clicker looks different now (better), though, if that is a clue...

...thank you for looking into this.

[ July 17, 2006, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: dantzdiva ]
kevin

Post by kevin »

Hello,

The serial # you gave me is for a SmartNAV standard, which does not have dwell clicking. That would explain why dwell clicking is not currently working.

As to why it was working previously I would need to know what software version it was. In general dwell clicking only works with AT models.

Best,
Kevin
dantzdiva

Post by dantzdiva »

How can I get it back? Do I need to install an older version of the software? Can I pay for an upgrade? Is it the model that I bought?
kevin

Post by kevin »

Dwell clicking will not work for your SmartNAV standard with any version of SmartNAV software.

The SmartNAV standard is the model you bought and it does not have dwell clicking capability.

There is no way to upgrade, though there are other dwell clicking applications available. If you email me support@naturalpoint.com I can send you some links.

You could also try using whatever version of software you were running on your old PC.

-Kevin
Sunny50

Post by Sunny50 »

I am having the same problem but it is supposed to be a Smartnav 4AT. My serial # is 175439.