Mac OS X Snow Leopard support required

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
Ratatosk

Mac OS X Snow Leopard support required

Post by Ratatosk »

I am writing to find out whether SmartNAV is ever going to be supported on Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard). I am very well aware that your Mac drivers are written by a separate company, www.rjcooper.com, but their SmartNAV information has not been updated for a long while. According to atmac.org, the driver does not function on Mac OS 10.6. Therefore, I am not able to replace my aging PC with a Mac, as I am dependent on SmartNAV as mouse replacement.

For the increasing amount of your customers making the switch from Windows PCs to Mac, it would be of utmost importance to be able to use SmartNAV when buying a new computer. If www.rjcooper.com are not capable of providing your customers the Mac OS support they need, we are left with no options. I do hope that your company has plans to support Mac OS in the future. Sticking to a diminishing platform (Windows) is not the best way of supporting your current and future clients.
natekh09

Re: Mac OS X Snow Leopard support required

Post by natekh09 »

well said.. every time my mac unexpectedly crashes (due to me tinkering with it) i havta send my old smartnav osx key to mr rj to get a new keycode. which is very tiring indeed. im ok with my windows and everything in it but macs is another story..
Elizabeth

Re: Mac OS X Snow Leopard support required

Post by Elizabeth »

SmartNav for OS X is currently 10.6 compatible. RJ Cooper's website has a download link that states "Download OS 10.4 and above". This download includes 10.6.