Cursor sticky with Click-N-Type

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
Sean

Cursor sticky with Click-N-Type

Post by Sean »

Hello everyone,

I've been using the SmartNAV 4 AT & Click-N-Type on-screen keyboard without a hitch for a number of years now. A new problem has just started that is preventing me from using the Click-N-Type on-screen keyboard effectively.

I use the Click-N-Type "Autoclick" function, often with the SmartNAV dwellclick toolbar on, so that a mouse left click can be automatically generated.

The SmartNAV/Click-N-Type behaviour has changed and now there is a definite delay preventing mouse movement after an "Auto click" is generated by the keyboard software. This is just long enough for a SmartNAV/dwellclick toolbar automatically generated left mouse click to occur. This changes software focus from the designated window to the Click-N-Type keyboard, making subsequent keyboard entry useless until I use the SmartNAV to change focus back to my original target window.

I've checked the automatically generated mouseclick function on both piece of software, they haven't changed from my original settings (when I've had no trouble). I've checked that I have the latest version of both the SmartNAV software and the Click-N-Type keyboard, uninstalled and reinstalled both software a number of times. All with no improvement.

Have I missed something obvious? Has anyone got any other ideas on what I should do next?
VincentG

Re: Cursor sticky with Click-N-Type

Post by VincentG »

Well the conflict of both applications trying to click is going to be the issue. Generally I recommend using one clicking function or the other. When using the Click-n-type built in functionality, I would pause the dwell clicking toolbar.
Sean

Post by Sean »

I agree Vincent, I usually do use the "on/off" button on the dwellclicking toolbar. But the cursor still sticks and slows things down a lot.

I also used to regularly use "Click-N-Type" with the dwellclicking function switched on. I just carefully adjusted the different dwell functions so that the keyboard responded sooner.

Everything was working just fine until a week ago. I can't put my finger on any changes I've made either. (A Dragon NaturallySpeaking update doesn't seem to be a likely candidate to me).

What do you think?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Do you have mouse override, and pause while typing set to 0?
Sean

Post by Sean »

Thanks Vincent,

I reset both mouse override and pause while typing to "0". I've given it a good test now with no further problems.

I'm embarrassed about missing this "known" setting clash. I have been running the Smartnav s/w without changing any of the settings for 18 mths now, so I can't work out why mouse override etc. changed. I suppose we'll never find out now.

Thanks again for your help...