Windows 7 Issues...

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
reighnie

Windows 7 Issues...

Post by reighnie »

I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 64-bit. I installed the latest SmartNav 4 drivers and turned off UAC. However, tracking still locks up when I do things like trying to drag the built in on screen keyboard. It also locks on certain system dialogs, like "Advanced system settings". I had found a fix for this here last time I installed Win 7, but I can't find it now. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you,
reighnie
dkehler

Re: Windows 7 Issues...

Post by dkehler »

[quote=reighnie]I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 64-bit. I installed the latest SmartNav 4 drivers and turned off UAC. However, tracking still locks up when I do things like trying to drag the built in on screen keyboard. It also locks on certain system dialogs, like "Advanced system settings". I had found a fix for this here last time I installed Win 7, but I can't find it now. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you,
reighnie [/quote]

Are you positive you disabled UAC? I just recently did a fresh install of Windows 7 64-bit as well and those symptoms you described were exactly what happened until I disabled UAC.
reighnie

Re: Windows 7 Issues...

Post by reighnie »

[quote=dkehler][quote=reighnie]I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 64-bit. I installed the latest SmartNav 4 drivers and turned off UAC. However, tracking still locks up when I do things like trying to drag the built in on screen keyboard. It also locks on certain system dialogs, like "Advanced system settings". I had found a fix for this here last time I installed Win 7, but I can't find it now. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you,
reighnie [/quote]

Are you positive you disabled UAC? I just recently did a fresh install of Windows 7 64-bit as well and those symptoms you described were exactly what happened until I disabled UAC. [/quote]

I just rebooted and its working now. Thanks.

reighnie