SmartNav suddenly choppy in-game

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
kalorvoe

SmartNav suddenly choppy in-game

Post by kalorvoe »

Hi guys,

Longitme user here. A couple of weeks ago my SmartNav suddenly became unusable in FPS games (turning around would give a freeze-frame slideshow turning 40 degrees each second). The desktop and even game menus were perfectly fine, it was just in-game (I tried a few games).

I guessed it was a dodgy webcam driver I'd installed a few days before (I still don't know), and attempted to roll things back with Windows 7 restore points. This did nothing but render my computer completely unusable (NEVER use it). My PC has been rebuilt and I've reinstalled the SmartNav software, but it's still doing it!

Any ideas?
dkehler

Re: SmartNav suddenly choppy in-game

Post by dkehler »

Just a guess, but make sure your mouse override delay is set to 0.0.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Does your computer experience these issues with no SmartNav attached?
kalorvoe

Post by kalorvoe »

No. I can even just drop my hat, reach for the mouse and play normally. It's only using the SmartNav that the issue appears.
I'll try the mouse override delay tonight, but I would have thought that if it was an issue I'd also see the symptoms on the desktop and in game menus.
kalorvoe

Post by kalorvoe »

[quote=dkehler]Just a guess, but make sure your mouse override delay is set to 0.0. [/quote]

That did it!!!

I don't know why the problem started (the delay had always been 1sec with no problems) but that solved it. Thanks!