Help setting up a 24 camera System

filmcraft

Help setting up a 24 camera System

Post by filmcraft »

Hey whats up everyone, I have a problem.

OK so after years of saving and collecting I have my 24 camera system, YAY! However I am having problems calibrating it. I know it can be hard to do support remotely so I will try to be as verbose as possible.

System: i7 Windows 7 x64
Ram: 11GB
Cameras: 24 Total (18 V100 : 6 V100:R2)
Optitrack Version 1.6.1
Capture Volume: 20ft x 20ft
Capture Height 9ft
Camera Orientation: All Cameras are in portrait orientation.
Camera Locations:

Each Camera is on a pole identical to one another 8 Times as such:

Camera 1: 1 Foot from the ground facing upwards center'ish
Camera 2: 5 Feet from the ground facing forwards center'ish
Camera 3: 9 Feet from the ground facing downwards center'ish

Each of the 8 poles are configured like above in a square area in a 20x20 area.

Lighting: Florescent lighting medium, lower and mid height cameras can see these lights strobe a bit, but are blocked out in software in block all visible option.

I can get all the cameras to sync just fine, however when I try to run the 3 marker calibration I get very poor results, sometimes I can wand for 45 minutes and still achieve samples in some cameras as low as 200 while in others 1000+.

Any help on this would be great.
DonBurroni

Re: Help setting up a 24 camera System

Post by DonBurroni »

move the cameras in a little, have them all high, aim top cameras (9 feet high)at the centre waste hight and lower (6feet high cameras) at the floor's centre,
hope that helps,

I'd have no low cameras
filmcraft

Post by filmcraft »

Thank you so much! Would you mind sharing with me a little more as to the exact placement of each camera on your mounts? How far apart or each cameras form each other on each pole/mount?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

In the calibration menu, there are options for "Data acquisition". Try dropping "Min Camera Coverage %" to 10, then rewand. Don't worry about the calibration quality, just make sure the cameras are relatively placed correctly. Set the ground plane, do a quick recording of the ground plane in place, then send that .pt2 file to support@naturalpoint.com. I'll take a look at your camera positioning more in depth and give you some analysis.