Please suggest me any stuff to record facial videos.

kraze

Please suggest me any stuff to record facial videos.

Post by kraze »

Hi

I have 12 v100 r2 cameras.
While Mocap shooting is going on itself, I want to record the facial expressions of a actor in any video format like avi or any other.
So that I can use those videos later as reference video while animating facial stuff manually after character re targetting done.
To meet my requirements, Is there any head camera equipment in any brand to just capture video of actor face accurately.
Please suggest me some stuff in reasonable budget, Just like how we get Optitrack products :)

Thanks
Seth Steiling

Re: Please suggest me any stuff to record facial videos.

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Kraze,

If you're looking for wireless, unsynchronized reference video mounted on the actor's head--and it's only going to be used for animator reference--I know that the GoPro line is popular for that:

http://gopro.com/
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
ProjectPalitoy

Re: Please suggest me any stuff to record facial videos.

Post by ProjectPalitoy »

for a lightweight and far cheaper alternative, you could use a HD808 Keyfob camera... Many different versions out there... I find the Rev.11 to be the best, as it uses H264 as oppossed to AVI

If you wanted to be super clever, you could make an array for the face, and potentially create a tracking solver from that. Even if you just use black dots...