Setting up 12 v100r2 cameras to get the best volume???

kraze

Setting up 12 v100r2 cameras to get the best volume???

Post by kraze »

Hi

I have 12 v100r2 cameras with all 4.5 mm lens.
Earlier, I used to work on circular compositions...But now I am planning to get some rectangular volume and also to use my hall completely.
I have 8 stands at this point of time.
Please download the image from the below link and kindly, clarify my doubts based on that...

http://www1.datafilehost.com/d/ea1bc205

In the image what I sent there are only upper 8 cameras are mounted at 8 feet height.
And now please clarify me on following things.

Here are my doubts...

1)
In the image what I sent you, Is the yellow rectangle going to be my capture volume?
If yes... Then I think, I should maintain minimum distance between "A & Stand1" and also "A & Stand8" and so on to get maximum capture volume !
Or else...Please tell me what are exact distances should be maintained between "A & Stand1" and also "A & Stand8" according to my hall dimensions.

2)
By seeing the image what I sent you, please tell me the stand names on which lower cameras needs to be mounted ?

3)
I am clear that higher cameras needs to be mounted at 8 feet height...but am not clarified on one more thing i.e, At what height from the ground lower cameras needs to be mounted?

4)
All 8 Higher cameras needs to be mounted in portrait mode only right?

5)
All 4 lower cameras needs to be mounted in landscape mode only right?

Thanks
kraze
NaturalPoint - Brent

Re: Setting up 12 v100r2 cameras to get the best volume???

Post by NaturalPoint - Brent »

Kraze,
I suggest having the lower cameras on stands 3,4,7,8.
Yes, the yellow rectangle would be your capture space, which would be about 6 to 8 feet from the green rectangle.
This means that your actual capture space would be about 7� x 11� at a max in that room.
I highly suggest putting the lower four cameras on stands in the middle of each side to really fill in that space.
You should try both vertical and horizontal mounting for your cameras. Horizontal mounting might be better in this space because of the width you need to cover.
If the lower cameras are between 2 and 4 feet off of the ground, that should be fine. I really suggest taking those four cameras and putting them on stands in the center of each side if you can.

Thank you,
Brent Mason