CSV FIle Output

daniluk

CSV FIle Output

Post by daniluk »

I understand that Tracker Tools/Motive:Tracker can output CSV files with coordinates and timestamps. But before I invest in the software and cameras I need to get an idea of how much post processing time is involved for what I want to do.

Would someone be willing to send me a sample CSV file outputted from Tracker Tools or Motive:Tracker so I can get an idea of what I can do with the data? A brief description of what was happening would be appreciated.

My investment in the software/cameras depends on how quickly and easily I can manage the coordinate data, so any assistance would be appreciated.
Seth Steiling

Re: CSV FIle Output

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi daniluk,

The time and effort involved in post-processing will depend on the system and the types of motion you'll be capturing. Can you elaborate on the nature of your application and approximately what system configuration you're leaning toward? We might be able to get you some data that will clarify the system's capabilities, once we know that.

- Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
daniluk

Post by daniluk »

I planning on tracking control positions in a helicopter, so the positions of the control stick, pedals, and collective. So rigid bodies rotating about a fixed point.

The reason I am asking for some type of data is that I already have some software written that can handle coordinates in similar manner. I'd like to see how much of that software I can utilize.

I'm planning on using the Motive:Tracker software with a few V100:R2 cameras. The number of cameras depends on the particular situation, but most likely at least 2 cameras viewing each body.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi daniluk,

What software package would you be bringing your data into for analysis? Depending on your pipeline, we might recommend .C3D instead of .CSV if you're looking for the simplest approach.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack