Trio range question

NiZi

Trio range question

Post by NiZi »

Hi, could you please give me some advice to improve the rigid body tracking range of my Trio V120 ? Currently, I have (built) a rigid body made of 5/8 inch markers and it's not tracked further than 9 feet away from the camera. Is this the regular performance of the system ?

By the way, Is there a way to activate the High Power Mode on Tracking Tools or Motive ? In the past, I used this mode (which increased the tracking range) when I used to develop applications for the Trio with the TT API.

Thanks for any help ! :)
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Re: Trio range question

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hi Nizi,

Here is the expected volume size of the Trio:

http://www.naturalpoint.com/optitrack/s ... agrams.pdf

It seems you are well within range for your trio. I would assume you have a camera setting that needs to be adjusted. Are you using Tracking Tools or Motive? Could you let me know your camera settings?

Best Regards,
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
NiZi

Post by NiZi »

Hi Dustin.

You're probably right because the 5/8 inch markers are seen beyond that 9 feet range (smaller and smaller of course but still...). And the rigid body is completely flat so there is no risk of occlusion. So may be some parameters on which depends the rigid body solving need to be adjusted.

I use Motive (but still have TT installed as well) and my camera settings are the following :

FPS 120
EXP 40
THR 245
LED 15
Automatic gain control OFF

I've left the other settings at default.
NiZi

Post by NiZi »

EDIT : Dustin, we have contacted you via the web form concerning a possible calibration issue and you kindly answered. I think the problems are connected. Let us proceed by email/phone from now on.
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Okay great! I believe I know the exact ticket you are speaking of. Sounds good, I look forward to resolving this.
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav