Help deciphering Tracking Tools output .CSV file

sj23

Help deciphering Tracking Tools output .CSV file

Post by sj23 »

I have some confusion regarding the structuring of the .CSV file that I obtained using tracking tools.
csv image.PNG
csv image.PNG (4.26 KiB) Viewed 2765 times
Based on the legend given, this is what I understood -
  • The dark blue region is supposed to be the Trackable Marker Location. But then which part is the ID as mentioned by the legend?
  • The light blue region is supposed to be the Point Cloud Marker corresponding to each trackable. Also, what is the difference between the Trackable Marker Location and the Point Cloud Marker?
  • The Red Region is pretty straightforward I believe.For each marker, we will have Marker Tracked and Marker Quality. And Mean Error at the end.
I just need a confirmation on this so that I can figure out if obtaining data from this for analysis purposes is the best option or should I look into something else. Also if the image isn't clear enough let me know. Thanks.
Seth Steiling

Re: Help deciphering Tracking Tools output .CSV file

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hello,

It would probably be simplest for you to send us a CSV with some of your data. We can drop a little key in there for you, which you can use as a guide to parsing your file.

If this works for you, submit a ticket at help.naturalpoint.com and we'll take a look.

- Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack