Recommendation for system

Stephan

Recommendation for system

Post by Stephan »

Hi all,

I've already used the contact form to ask some questions, but have not received a reply yet, so I thought I'd try it here and see if anyone has some advice for me.

Long story short, I'm looking for a tracking system for research purposes in a university environment. System has to work for object tracking, particularly UAV/MAV (quadcopters) and position of cameras such as the MS Kinect (the latter should be trivial I guess?). Maximum of simultaneous objects is 5.

Space is somewhat limited, the setup area is only around 16'x16'x8', and out of this area, we'd like to use as much capture volume as possible. Requirements for accuracy should be better than 5mm.

Any recommendation for a full system? Is the Flex 13 good enough or would a Prime be better suited for this task? Budget is limited as well, it should not exceed about $27k (including shipping + customs to europe), with everything that is needed for a full system.

Cheers,
Stephan
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Re: Recommendation for system

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hi Stephan,

If you haven't recieved a response from a Sales Engineer, there could be an issue with the contact form. Could I have you create a ticket with us at help.naturalpoint.com or send me a private message with your email address. I will have someone contact you immediately.
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Hi Dustin,

got a reply by mail, so all is well.

Many thanks,
Stephan
Viesturs

Post by Viesturs »

Hello,

Same problem as Stephan. I used contact form twice (04.08.2014 and 11.08.2014), but have not recived reply yet.

To the point. Vocational school looking for system to be used in film and game production. Budget is €30k. School is located in eastern europe.

Viesturs
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Hello Viesturs,

I will have a Sales Engineer contact you immediately.

Regards,
Dustin
NaturalPoint - Brent

Post by NaturalPoint - Brent »

Viesturs,
I am sorry you were unable to get in touch. I have sent an email to your email address with a few questions. I look forward to your response.

Brent Mason
Technical Sales Engineer
NaturalPoint, Inc.
mshancock

Post by mshancock »

I'm also not able to get in touch with a Sales Engineer, and would like a quote for an OptiTrack system. Can you please have someone contact me?

I also tried your listed phone number (1-888-965-0435) and it said the number was no longer in service.
mshancock

Post by mshancock »

To follow up, someone did contact me, so the form worked. The phone number issue still exists, though.
NaturalPoint-Dustin

I just tested the number with my phone. It went through just fine. Where are you calling from?
Dustin