external camera to use with V120:Trio

mrbl

external camera to use with V120:Trio

Post by mrbl »

Is there a "standard" external camera/audio recorder that works well with the V120:Trio? I'd like to record synchronized audio, video (at a higher quality than with one of the builtin cameras), and motion data, but am having issues with doing it in software.

In addition, any guidance on using the builtin hardware sync (with non-optitrack devices) would be nice - I can't seem to find much documentation.

I'm not an industry professional, so since I'm not familiar with the product ecosystem, any specific product recommendations would be very helpful.

Thanks.
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: external camera to use with V120:Trio

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello mrbl,

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding these questions. I believe you may have already received this information in your open support ticket, but we have not heard back from you and are reposting to be sure you have received this.

Motive has the ability to record audio from any audio devices that are recognized by Windows. This would be the easiest method for recording audio in sync with your 3D data.

I am not sure if this is any different when working with a Trio, but the option for audio should be in the Tools menu at the top of Motive.
Managing any of the audio device's settings should be done through Windows, as Motive will use whichever setting are currently in place.

Unfortunately, video would be a little more difficult since Motive does not recognize any cameras that are not OptiTrack cameras.
The Trio's breakout box can be used to sync the Trio to other devices, but this usually means syncing the Trio's frame rate rate to the pulse of an external device or vice versa. Our larger systems are capable of sending a pulse to trigger recordings in external devices, but I am not sure if this option is available when using the Trio. Any sync options that are compatible with the Trio would be available to you in the Synchronization window, also available through the Tools menu.
http://www.optitrack.com/static/documen ... 0Guide.pdf

I hope this information is clear and provides you with some insight. If you have any more detailed questions after looking at these options, please feel free to reach out to me in your open ticket.

Best regards,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Customer Support Engineer