Optirack Slim 13E camera for virual reality

Darkensorrow

Optirack Slim 13E camera for virual reality

Post by Darkensorrow »

i found that new Slim 13E camera is available, i'm having some questions regarding this new camera for VR project

#1: with 8 Slim 13E camera configuration, what's the max number of tags(active LED) can be tracked ?

#2: does the motive tracking software supporting Slim 13E and Flex 13 camera at the same time for tracking ?

basically I'm asking if the software support active marker and passive marker tracking at the same time

does the Slim 13E camera do active marker tracking and passive marker tracking at the same time ?

Thanks
ryanhaun

Re: Optirack Slim 13E camera for virual reality

Post by ryanhaun »

Hi Darkensorrow,

Thanks for posting your inquiries to OptiTrack forums.

The limit of the number of trackables is not dependent on the camera system. Instead you'll be limited by quality and rate. We have a hard limit of 1000 reconstructed markers, which most users won't even come close to. You'll be concerned with of the number of active markers, with unique signatures, you have in the volume.

Unfortunatly, the Slim 13E will not operate in tandem with the Flex 13. These cameras run on different communication protocols so they cannot be connected to the PC at the same time.

You'll also have to make a choice between active tracking and passive tracking for any given study/capture. Our system can handle both, just not simultaneously.

Kind Regards,
Ryan Haun
OptiTrack Support