Set up ground

antona4

Set up ground

Post by antona4 »

Hi everyone!

I started using TrackingTools last week. I have a question about the ground. Is it necessary to put the carpenter's square on the ground every time that I use the system? if there is any way to save my coordinates origin at calibration file i'll be pleased to know it.

Thank you.
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Set up ground

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello antona4,

TrackingTools is quite old, and there have been many improvements to the software since its time. I would recommend you update your license so that you are able to use Motive.

Motive allows you to save your calibration file, and I believe TrackingTools should do the same. It is necessary to place the Calibration Square on the floor every time you calibrate the cameras. If you load an old calibration, TrackingTools should retain the old calibration and orientation, removing the need to set the ground plane.

Since it is beneficial to calibrate regularly, loading an old calibration file is not recommended for the long-term. And when you do calibrate the cameras, the ground plane will be reset, which is why you need to place the Calibration Square. If you are trying to set your ground plane consistently, it is useful to mark an L on the floor, showing where and how to place the calibration square.

Please note that in order to remain eligible for Support, we do require that users maintain an unexpired license. If you encounter any major issues with the old software, we may be unable to help. If you would like more information regarding your license status and purchasing updates, you can visit our Support site and scroll down to the License Tool.

http://optitrack.com/support/
Look for "Check My License"

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
Admin010

Re: Set up ground

Post by Admin010 »

thanks