synchronization V120 trio

Panero

synchronization V120 trio

Post by Panero »

Hi to everyone,

we have two V120trio bars and we want to synchronize these tools with a custom synchro, in order to acquired data at the same time. Could you confirm the possibility to connect the bars with the eSync and impose a master/slave strategy? The idea is to use one bar as master and the second as the external device (slave), as it would be done if there were a force plate.

If it is not possible, do you know if there is a particular led visible to the camera for an external light input (on/off switch)?

Thanks in advance for your attention

Elisa
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: synchronization V120 trio

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello Elisa,

The V120:Trio is not compatible with the eSync, so what you describe is not possible. The synchronization capabilities for the Trio are limited, with the input and output options being similar to the OptiHub.

You might be able to feed the output from one Trio into the other's Input. This could potentially put the two devices in sync, but they would still be independent of each other, being run by separate instances of Motive on separate machines.

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com
Panero

Post by Panero »

Hi Steven,

thanks for your reply. I am sorry but I used the wrong name (caused by my little experience). When I said "eSync" I meant the I/O-X box. In that box there is the plug in for the power supply but also the plug in for in/out sync. If I've correctly understood, these plugs are used to connect bar with external devices, as force plate for example.
If I connect the two bars each others, one as a master (sync output) and one as the slave (sync input) with a BNC-BNC cable and I configure a custom synchronization from the motive software interface, do you think that it is possible to make the same start time of acquisition? Obviously with the two bars connected to two different computers!

I hope that my idea does not appear stupid.... :D

Elisa
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by steven.andrews »

Thanks Elisa,

You are correct that the sync in and sync out connections are intended for synchronization with external devices. You can connect the bars together as you describe, and this may get them to run in sync.

Since the two devices must run on separate machines, whether or not they are recording would still be controlled independently. There is no way to cause one device to trigger the other to start recording at the same time.

The only way to make both instances of Motive start recording simultaneously would be to program your own application to send a record command using our NatNet SDK, but this would require some software development.

Cheers,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com