continous IR illumination

Jay01

continous IR illumination

Post by Jay01 »

Is there anyway to set Prime17w's IR as continuous but flickering(strobe)?
I need to record the optitrack using scene with extra camera but the whole screen is flashing because of IR's flickering.
I couldn't find any instruction in Motive and even the answer from this forum (https://forums.naturalpoint.com/viewtop ... ous#p57866) says the Motive does not have the menu.
I wonder if there is a SDK or other way that I can change the IR's frequency (with using Motive of course)
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: continous IR illumination

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi Jay01,

The Prime cameras are not able to run with their LEDs in continuous illumination, but will strobe at whatever frame rate the cameras are set to. You can try changing the FPS setting, on the Prime cameras, to change the frequency of the LED strobe.

If you are using external cameras and have an eSync, it is possible to synchronize the system to the camera. How this setup can be used will depend on the capabilities of the external cameras that are being used.

It is also possible to set one of your Prime cameras to MJPEG mode. If left in this mode, the camera will not contribute toward the 3D tracking but will record reference video that is synchronized with the rest of the cameras.

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com