Mixing Flex 3 and Flex 13 cameras

pcwe

Mixing Flex 3 and Flex 13 cameras

Post by pcwe »

Hello,

we've already set up an experiment set-up with 8 Flex 3 cameras to track 10 moving rigid bodies within a caption area of 4m x 4m. We have two "Optihub 2" hubs with each being connected to 4 of the 8 Flex 3 cameras, the cameras are sync'ed with OptiSync and we are using Motive to obtain the measurements for MATLAB.

As we are having some problems tracking the rigid bodies at the boundaries of our caption area, we want to order 4 additional cameras. Due to the sharper resolution, we would like to order 4 Flex 13 cameras instead of 4 additional Flex 3 cameras.

Now, I have some questions regarding this possible set-up:

1.) Is it even possible to combine Flex 3 and Flex 13 cameras? And if so, can I simply connect the 4 additional cameras to the two available OptiHubs order do i need to order an additional OptiHub for the Flex 13 cameras?
2.) Is OptiSync still working if I mix Flex 3 and Flex 13 cameras, since it is stated in the documentation that cameras "may not be mixed"?

Thanks in advance!
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Mixing Flex 3 and Flex 13 cameras

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi pcwe,

Thanks for bringing these questions to the community.

Unfortunately, mixing Flex 3 and Flex 13 cameras is not supported and will not work. The only addition you will be able to make is to add more Flex 3's and OptiHubs.

If you need any more information on this, please feel free to reach out to us directly.

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com
pcwe

Re: Mixing Flex 3 and Flex 13 cameras

Post by pcwe »

Hi Steven,

Thanks a lot for your quick response. As mixing the different cameras types is not an option anymore, I will order 4 additional Flex 3 cameras.

Best regards,
pcwe