Flex3 and Flex13 - mixing

EventHorizonStudio

Flex3 and Flex13 - mixing

Post by EventHorizonStudio »

Hello,

I have bought 8 x Flex3 cameras and then I purchased additional 4x Flex13 so we can do finger tracking.

I was informed by the reseller that you can combine them, but we just cannot set them up, no matter how we position the cameras --- there is so much body jittering that even simple animations would require hours of manual cleaning (motive cannot handle it).

We also cannot get calibration result above Fair, while previously with only Flex3 we were getting Excellent.

So --- is it possible to make this combo work or I should contact reseller for a replacement (I am willing to pay extra and replace Flex3 with Flex13).

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Kris
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Flex3 and Flex13 - mixing

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello Kris,

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding this setup.
Unfortunately, the Flex 3 and Flex 13 cameras cannot be combined. Replacing the Flex 3 cameras with Flex 13 would be a good idea if you wish to attempt finger tracking; you will certainly benefit from the higher resolution.

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

Does replacing Flex 3 with Flex 13 mess anything up with the whole set up by the way, Steven?
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi Tanaka,

Replacing Flex 3 cameras with Flex 13 will not change anything. You will simply be running with a higher resolution camera that will be able to see markers better and farther.

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com