Passive markers suddenly disappearing

MariusElg

Passive markers suddenly disappearing

Post by MariusElg »

Hey, currently have a setup with two prime 41/17W
Ive done calibration and have the tracking data shared over NatNet, but the issue is that if the passive markers aren't moved for about 5/10 minutes, they are lost and i cant find them. Neither can i introduce new markers. (They are visible as untracked rays - Red lines)

Only solution to fix this bug for now is to re-calibrate, but then i have to create the rigid body and re-offset it again..

Am i doing something wrong or is this a bug with motive 3.0?
MariusElg

Re: Passive markers suddenly disappearing

Post by MariusElg »

Finally found a half way work around, by disabling all cameras and enabling single ones until the markers are discovered and attached back to the rigid body.

Im not sure what the issue here is

Attachments
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (223.59 KiB) Viewed 1841 times
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Passive markers suddenly disappearing

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi MariusElg,

From the screenshot and descriptions it sounds like that camera is losing its calibration. Is that camera mounted differently, or to something that might experience more movement?

If you recalibrate the cameras you should be able to reuse your old rigid body. As long as the rigid body was made during a good calibration the marker positions should remain the same. To avoid losing the previous setup you could also try performing a Refine calibration, or turning on Continuous Calibration might help to maintain it.

It sounds like you have some difficulty getting the markers to reconstruct when the camera loses calibration. You might try adjusting the live pipeline settings so that only 2 rays are required to start a marker.

Feel free to reach out to us directly and to send some data (.tak) if you would like us to help troubleshoot. A recording of the rigid body tracking right after a fresh calibration and another when you start to experience the issue would both be useful for us to look at.

Cheers,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Director, Support Engineering
help.naturalpoint.com
wiki.optitrack.com
support@optitrack.com