Questions about OptiTrack markers, and related accessories

robobeg

Questions about OptiTrack markers, and related accessories

Post by robobeg »

Hi.

I purchased several OptiTrack markers, marker bases, and a rigid body marker base. I need precise specifications for those accessories but could not find them on the OptiTrack website.

I purchased two sorts of marker bases: M3 Marker bases ( 9 mm x 5 mm ) and M4 Marker bases ( 15 mm x 5 mm ). According to the marker configurator document, '5 mm' means the distance between bottoms of marker bases and markers. However, each spherical marker is cut off a small spherical cap with unknown height so the center height of a marker from the bottom of a marker base is smaller than ' 5 mm plus the marker radius'.

I need to know the height of spherical cap cut off from each of the following markers: 6.4 mm M3 Markers, 12.7 mm M4 Markers, and 19 mm M4 Markers .

I also need to know the specification of the rigid body marker base MCP1145. For example, if 19 mm M4 markers are placed on the attachment points of the rigid body marker base, how do I calculate distances of all marker pairs? Of course, I may measure them with a ruler but I want to know the precise specification OptiTrack may provide.