compatible with smartnav and trackIR software

relieved_mouse

compatible with smartnav and trackIR software

Post by relieved_mouse »

Can the optitrack also use the smartnav and trackIR software?
Jim

Re: compatible with smartnav and trackIR software

Post by Jim »

Hello:

It can use the TrackIR software, but not the SmartNAV.
relieved_mouse

Post by relieved_mouse »

Thanks for your reply. I want to track a reasonably fast luminous target with good resolution. I also want to do this with as little programming as is possible ;-). If I found that existing software was sufficient for the job I would incorporate it by whatever short-cuts were necessary into my setup. Also, seeing the software written by pros such as yourselves in action with the hardware would give me a good yardstick to judge the performance of my own scripts. Thus if there was an OptiTrack that could use all of naturalpoint's proprietary software but also cost more I would pay the extra cash.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

I think I understand what you are asking. The SDK comes with a lot of sample code that will get you up and running quickly. Also, the base functionality is very similar to the TrackIR, it can output 6DOF or dot tracking. The only difference will be the scaled up output and the profiles, in a simplistic explanation. I would download the SDK and give it a look, let us know if you need anything more from it.
mikelaw

Post by mikelaw »

I am going to be on a mod team for the video game Battlefield 2. In which, has an in game editor, that is MAYA inspired. Will this software be compatible, so as to transfer files straight into game animation files. I apologize if this a vague question, I am extremely new to this hardware. I have a TrackIR Pro, and have experimented in its set up limitedly but am Very excited about this hardware.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

We do plan to have a Maya plugin ready for use for animation in the coming months, but no firm timeline.

More importantly, YOU ARE ON THE BF2 MOD TEAM! Well, we could use some help in getting TIR Enhanced support in to the game, any thoughts?
mikelaw

Post by mikelaw »

quote:Originally posted by NaturalPoint - Jim:
Hello:

We do plan to have a Maya plugin ready for use for animation in the coming months, but no firm timeline.

More importantly, YOU ARE ON THE BF2 MOD TEAM! Well, we could use some help in getting TIR Enhanced support in to the game, any thoughts?Well Its funny you ask that becuase that was my next question to you! I would love to figure out the workings of this and will dedicate alot of time to this effort. I will keep you updated on my efforts, but any input would be GREATLY appreciated.
Jim

Post by Jim »

We plan to wait until the game is out, sometime in June we are told, and then see how we can "view mod" it. As we are getting absolutely no help at all from DICE, we are leaving it up to us and the Mod community to implement a feature that many users want. Basically, if they won't help us, then we will just have to help ourselves!

If anyone has an advanced copy, or knows of a more correct release date, just drop us a line. This is a TOP priority for us. There was even a little discussion that the first person / team to View Mod BF2 for TIR Enhanced support would get a full page ad in PC Gamer touting their mod, paid for by us. Thoughts?