DSP and Regular C

rodgers

DSP and Regular C

Post by rodgers »

Is it possible to use a DSP or some other embedded system to run and acquire data from the camera?

I need to run the code on something small and compact.

This is used to determine the relative position of two vehicles, about the size and shape of a soccer ball.

We are currently using a firewire camera which plugs into a DSP board. The camera data is acquired, the intensity points are determined, and then used to to calculate the 6DOF of a separate vehicle using a bunch of math (probably very similar to your Vector Tracking algorithm). Then the DSP outputs the position state vector to a separate DSP using serial communication.

I would like to do something very similar using your camera. Basically, all I need is to write a C-program which can talk to your camera via the USB-DSP interface.

Do you think this is possible?

Thanks a lot!!
Birch

Re: DSP and Regular C

Post by Birch »

quote:Originally posted by Lennon:
Is it possible to use a DSP or some other embedded system to run and acquire data from the camera?

I need to run the code on something small and compact.

This is used to determine the relative position of two vehicles, about the size and shape of a soccer ball.

We are currently using a firewire camera which plugs into a DSP board. The camera data is acquired, the intensity points are determined, and then used to to calculate the 6DOF of a separate vehicle using a bunch of math (probably very similar to your Vector Tracking algorithm). Then the DSP outputs the position state vector to a separate DSP using serial communication.

I would like to do something very similar using your camera. Basically, all I need is to write a C-program which can talk to your camera via the USB-DSP interface.

Do you think this is possible?

Thanks a lot!!It is not possible to directly interface the stock OptiTrack cameras with other embedded devices, unless the other embedded system is running windows with the USB stack.

If you would like to contact us, we would be happy to discuss the possibility of a custom camera solution. You can email us at
sales@naturalpoint.com