Dumb newbie Q's about how this stuff works...

Clintage

Dumb newbie Q's about how this stuff works...

Post by Clintage »

I have been surfing and reading for the past few days about motion capture. I use Poser and Vue and I'm learning to use these programs in order to create a music driven 3D animation project. Keyframing in Poser is a pretty tedious process, so I started trying some .bvh motion files. I'm wanting to create my own because the ones I find are never quite the right stuff.

I understand that you can get multiple cameras with this system and a software development program. Is there any software that is readily available to use for motion capture that is already created? Perhaps a software that a user has created that he/she is selling or even a third party software? Because i'm not exactly a programmer.

I'm looking for something fairly inexpensive if possible. I only need to create .bvh files to import into Poser.

So, in short, what all do I need to get this thing off the ground? Thanks in advance!

Clintage
Clintage

Re: Dumb newbie Q's about how this stuff works...

Post by Clintage »

After posting this, I found another thread with basically the same questions, so I think all of my questions are answered. Can't wait for the full package offer. Any clue as to when this may happen?

Thanks

Clintage
Jim

Re: Dumb newbie Q's about how this stuff works...

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Thanks for your interest. We are working on a more "full package" system to export BVH files. We don't have a timeline yet, but it is an important project for us.