NOTHING ABOUT HOW WORKS THE CAMERAS

escroto2000

NOTHING ABOUT HOW WORKS THE CAMERAS

Post by escroto2000 »

im a beginner and this week i have the Science Fair in my college.. and my project is MOTION CAPTURE..
i buy 3 cameras a few days ago.. and i dont have any idea how works with Alias MotionBUilder 6 pro or 3DMax 6..
my dream is see the camera tracking a model.. in realtime.. for my project.
and the program dont recognize the cameras.. i put the plugin in the 3dmax, and this plug in give me a error! :S..
i need a software o something.... i download the trackir and i saw the cameras tracking the Dots.. is really cool! but i want track with 3dMax and move a model..

Please.. i need your help.. URGENT!
Jim

Re: NOTHING ABOUT HOW WORKS THE CAMERAS

Post by Jim »

Hello:

I believe there is a potential communication problem. OptiTrack is a Development Platform, where users can take our SDK and create all kinds of programs and applictions with them, including Motion Capture. There are even example programs. OptiTrack does not support any motion capture program directly, a plug-in must be written and marker tracking software must exist in some form that deals with muliple cameras. This can be done, but must be programmed by the user. We are working on a tool kit that will help facilitate motion capture, but that won't be ready for some time. My suggestion is to probably return the cameras, or just keep one of them and show how it can track the markers it came with. Sorry that I can't be of more help, I wish I could.