Signal Pattern

danzman

Signal Pattern

Post by danzman »

From an active marker (LED) is there a way that the marker's identity be identified if it produces a certain pulse (much like a TV remote control)?
Birch

Re: Signal Pattern

Post by Birch »

Some optical tracking systems do use pulsing of active LED markers at very high frequencies to identify and track markers. There is not a simple way to precisely implement this with the OptiTrack cameras since they do not have external synchronization capability and do not sample at a rate fast enough to make this practical. It may still be possible with a limited number of markers, and/or with significant trade-offs.

[ January 24, 2006, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint - Birch Zimmer ]
Dan1969

Re: Signal Pattern

Post by Dan1969 »

Hi All,

I am looking for a 3D-SDI video test signal generator that outputs SDI and HDMI for my PC. It should have all the typical 'old' standard multi color bars, cross hatch SMPTE 259M,SMPTE 292M/SMPTE 424/425M and timer etc.
I have QuestTel 3G-SDI Pattern Generator that can handle HDTV NTSC or PAL and 16:9 formats to 720p and 1080p.
While I have been able to find a myriad of stand alone units, which is fine I am looking for recommendations, or stay away from's.
I also would be interested in a USB option to connect to my MAC PRO if available for true portability(something I can throw in my laptop case).

Look forward for recommendations

Thanks all,
Dan