application crashes with multi OptiTrack

yoshi

application crashes with multi OptiTrack

Post by yoshi »

I purchased six OptiTrack cameras and trying to track 30 markers for my motion capture application. However, the application usually crashes within 10 sec with unhandled exception error.

OLEAUT32! 77124912()
OLEAUT32! 7714d2c0()
OPTITRACK! 00aa6558()
OPTITRACK! 00aa85cd()
OPTITRACK! 00aa8b0f()

I tried the VC6 sample code that came with OptiTrack, but it also crashes in a few minuites, just tracking a single marker. It works fine if only one OptiTrack camera is used.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong. My system is Dell Dimension 8400 Pentium 4 3GHz, 1GRAM, XP sp2, VC6 sp6.

Is there another sample app that works with multiple OptiTrack cameras? Is the OptiTrack dll source code available for debugging?

Thanks.
yoshi

Re: application crashes with multi OptiTrack

Post by yoshi »

For others reading this message, NaturalPoint support responded promptly and provided the fix within 5 days.

Hyper threading processor of my PC was causing a race condition in the driver. Now I can get 120 fps from six cameras using more than 30 markers.
markdc

Post by markdc »

I'd like to hear about the system you're putting together. Do you plan to sell it?
yoshi

Post by yoshi »

It's a single person full body motion capture application. I've got the calibration, 3d marker position calculation, skeleton posing from markers, and bvh file export working. Now I am working on marker tracking part. I think it will still take a few more months to finish it.
roman tunkel

Post by roman tunkel »

quote:Originally posted by yoshi:
It's a single person full body motion capture application. I've got the calibration, 3d marker position calculation, skeleton posing from markers, and bvh file export working. Now I am working on marker tracking part. I think it will still take a few more months to finish it.Can you help me to develop tracking system One camera - 2 markers?
I need to know X,Y,Z,roll,Az,Elev (6DOF) for each marker.
C will be preferable...
Thanks
Birch

Post by Birch »

quote:Originally posted by ronatu:
Can you help me to develop tracking system One camera - 2 markers?
C will be preferable...
ThanksAs far as I know it is technically not possible to extract 6DOF using only two markers and one camera (with our cameras, at least), you would either need to use two cameras (but would still only get 5DOF with two markers) or more markers. You may wish to re-evaluate the criteria for your system and determine whether you can change them.

[ May 10, 2006, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint - Birch Zimmer ]
roman tunkel

Post by roman tunkel »

quote:Originally posted by NaturalPoint - Birch Zimmer:
quote:Originally posted by ronatu:
Can you help me to develop tracking system One camera - 2 markers?
C will be preferable...
ThanksAs far as I know it is technically not possible to extract 6DOF using only two markers and one camera (with our cameras, at least), you would either need to use two cameras (but would still only get 5DOF with two markers) or more markers. You may wish to re-evaluate the criteria for your system and determine whether you can change them.My mistacke - two cameras.
But 2 markersand I need to know X,Y,Z,roll,Az,Elev (6DOF) for each marker.
Programming in C will be preferable...