memory leak

joaquin

memory leak

Post by joaquin »

i jst got the optitarck and i'm starting to fool around with it a bit. i got it running with a simple program that just sets up the basics and enters an infinite loop that just gets a frame, coutns the number of valid objects and frees the frame. the problem is that it seems to be leakig memory somewhere, because when i run it and check the task manager, the memory assigned to the process keeps increasing all the time there's a frame available (when the satus light is on). it grows at about 80k/sec, and obviously after some tie it breaks.
so, i'm not doing anything out of the ordinary, just calling the camera->getframe method and then frame->free, but i get a leak all the same. is this a known issue? any suggestions?
thanks in advance.
Birch

Re: memory leak

Post by Birch »

To the best of our knowledge, the sample applications included with the OptiTrack SDK do not have any memory leaks so they should be a good reference for the correct procedure and handling of the tracking data (to avoid memory leaks).

[ January 30, 2006, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint - Birch Zimmer ]
danzman

Re: memory leak

Post by danzman »

Make sure that you free the memory after each cycle. I just field tested a prototype last evening and it worked fine. The application appears to be stable. Checking for memory overloading, cascading, etc. did not indicate a leak.