Why is Z 50% too big?

Anonemous

Why is Z 50% too big?

Post by Anonemous »

I asked this before, but got no response.

I've been studying the system in order to obtain precise callibration, and I've come across a variety of issues.

I've noticed that the Z axis scale appears to be 1.5 times larger than the X/Y axes for position. Why is this?

Also, the docs (for the Vector class) state that the center of rotation for the clip is supposed to be near a person's head's center of rotation when the clip is worn on a cap. However, my analysis suggests that this is not so.

I've measured the center of rotation for the roll axis to be about 135 mm ABOVE the main bend in the clip, while the center for the pitch axis to be 80 mm above the same bend. (For yaw, it appears to be at the bend.)

In order to make these measurements, I attached a bracket to the clip and lengthened it as necessary in order to find the point about which the clip could be rotated without changing the resulting position.

This is using the Optitrack_1.0.028.beta.03.exe SDK. I'm using the Optitrack SDK with a TrackIR 4 Pro. (Is that part of the problem, perhaps?)

Does anyone else observe these discrepancies?
dean

Re: Why is Z 50% too big?

Post by dean »

I will look into this and see if I can get you an answer.

[ March 23, 2006, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint - Dean ]