Band width of Optical Filter?

Hester

Band width of Optical Filter?

Post by Hester »

What is the Bandwidth of the IR Optical Filter? Your specifications say the IR Filter is a bandpass filter at 800nm and you suggest an Active LED at 850nm. That is two different wave lengths at 50nm apart. What is start wave length and the stop wave length in nm?

Thanks,
Hester
Jim

Re: Band width of Optical Filter?

Post by Jim »

Hello:

The filter we are currently using is a band pass filter at around 700nm, it passes all light above that wavelength. Our IR LEDs emit at 850nm. I wouldn't go to much higher than 880nm because the sensitivity of the CMOS imager degrades quite rapidly from that point on. The filter can be removed, or you can put your own one in.

In the future we will have custom coated lenses that will have specially matched filtering capability, something I am really looking forward to. Look for them in about 3 months.
Hester

Re: Band width of Optical Filter?

Post by Hester »

quote:Originally posted by NaturalPoint - Jim:
Hello:

The filter we are currently using is a band pass filter at around 700nm, it passes all light above that wavelength. Our IR LEDs emit at 850nm. I wouldn't go to much higher than 880nm because the sensitivity of the CMOS imager degrades quite rapidly from that point on. The filter can be removed, or you can put your own one in.

In the future we will have custom coated lenses that will have specially matched filtering capability, something I am really looking forward to. Look for them in about 3 months.Cool custom matched lenses.

Thanks for the info,
Hester