I'm ready to buy but I need the following solution

LuzArius

I'm ready to buy but I need the following solution

Post by LuzArius »

I am very excited about this product. Before I buy I need to know one thing.

1) When I buy this optitrack system can I install the software wear the dots on my body, hit "record", perform the motions, hit "stop" then maybe edit the parts I don't want then export as a BVH to use with 3d studio max for example?

If so once I buy it, my co workers will buy it, once they buy it then other indy programmers I Know will buy it. Then once they buy it their friends will buy it. You guys are sitting on a gold mine if you have the above solution available.
Jim

Re: I'm ready to buy but I need the following solution

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Well, your ideal solution is almost here, just not quite yet. Currently, the OptiTrack camera comes with an SDK that would be the base for the motion capture program that you describe, but you would have to code it yourself. Due to great feedback like yours, we are working on a full body BVH compatible system. We are working hard on this and hope to demo something at SIGGRAPH this year! Please stay tuned.
LuzArius

Re: I'm ready to buy but I need the following solu

Post by LuzArius »

Oh wow that is great. I will check in periodically thanks so much.

Might I suggest visiting www.truevision3d.com

A lot of indy programmers for game design are looking for an affordable mocap solution and once your software is done a horde of people should buy your cameras & the software.

Thanks again.
Scruff

Post by Scruff »

Hi Jim:

Good luck on the new product launch. I've posted a link to your message on the yahoo motioncapture group forum. We've got people chomping at the bit for a BVH mocap solution.

Regards,

Michael Miles (moderator yahoo motioncapture group)
tvining

Re: I'm ready to buy but I need the following solu

Post by tvining »

I agree--Naturalpoint will make a freakin' bundle if you can offer a viable low-cost solution for Mocap! Please update us on your progress!
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Yes, we are very excited about the product release, it is a huge challenge for us and a dream we have had for a long time.

Michael; I am a subscriber to your group, thanks starting that!

The new OptiTrack C120 camera should be out in December, along with a new web site and then software will start being released as it is finished, fun stuff is ahead.
Scruff

Post by Scruff »

Michael; I am a subscriber to your group, thanks starting that!
Thanks Jim:

I'm looking forward to your product offering. If you'd like, I can pass on the functionality questions I've asked the other economical mocap providers about their products.

Again, good luck,

Michael Miles