SDK for upcoming apps

markdc

SDK for upcoming apps

Post by markdc »

I'm wondering if you upcoming apps will have their own SDK so we can write our own file format exporters. Also if you know what formats you will support that would be good to know. Thanks.

-Mark
Birch

Re: SDK for upcoming apps

Post by Birch »

Some of our upcoming OptiTrack products will be full applications and some will be SDK toolkits. The near and long term feature sets are not completely finalized, however our intent is to support a couple common formats in the apps and provide access to raw data in the SDK toolkits.
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

Hey Mark,

Just to follow-up on Birch's comments, I wanted to give you a bit more information.

Taking a look into the near future, it's very likely that next item to become available will be a point cloud library that will essentially add 3D marker tracking, using a minimum of 3 cameras, to the OptiTrack SDK.

The point cloud library should include tools to easily calibrate your camera arrangement as well as tools for capturing 3D marker data and exporting it to a file. In addition, you will likely be able to connect to the library directly to get access to real-time 3D marker data. Good stuff, right?

As far as file formats, you can expect that at the very minimum there will be a way to capture 3D marker data, without writing any code, and exporting it to a raw data file in perhaps CSV (comma separated values) or possibly a binary format as well.

If you have any comments or suggestions, now is a very good time to make them.

Thanks,
D
markdc

Post by markdc »

Hey Mark,

Just to follow-up on Birch's comments, I wanted to give you a bit more information.

Taking a look into the near future, it's very likely that next item to become available will be a point cloud library that will essentially add 3D marker tracking, using a minimum of 3 cameras, to the OptiTrack SDK.

The point cloud library should include tools to easily calibrate your camera arrangement as well as tools for capturing 3D marker data and exporting it to a file. In addition, you will likely be able to connect to the library directly to get access to real-time 3D marker data. Good stuff, right?

As far as file formats, you can expect that at the very minimum there will be a way to capture 3D marker data, without writing any code, and exporting it to a raw data file in perhaps CSV (comma separated values) or possibly a binary format as well.

If you have any comments or suggestions, now is a very good time to make them.

Thanks,
D
Hi,

This all sounds great and I'm looking forward to it. I want to write the data out as trc or fbx, but from what you're saying I should have no problem doing that myself.

-Mark