Hollywood and Games summit - opinions?

warrenEBB

Hollywood and Games summit - opinions?

Post by warrenEBB »

I'm considering whether it would be worthwhile to demo OptiTrack (and TrackIR) cameras in the small exibit area for this summit (www.HollywoodAndGames.com), but am not clear if will be an proper use of NaturalPoint's time.

Has anyone here been to the show, or have an opinion on the effectiveness of reaching relevant producers, managers, or animators from the two industries?

This year they will be focusing on new technologies for pre-production, and OptiTrack's upcoming full body mocap package seems strikingly relevant to me.

Your thoughts?
kdwhite1031

Re: Hollywood and Games summit - opinions?

Post by kdwhite1031 »

Just a thought from a professor who is starting to use your products in a medical research environment. Several years ago I attended a technical conference in LA (Society of Photo-Optical and Instrumentation Engineers) that had an exhibitors area. There was a little booth there for Pixar. They were so little-known at the time that I spent maybe an hour talking with the president of the company. I just wish now that I'd bought their stock! Will Naturalpoint be the next Pixar? Who knows ...
tvining

Re: Hollywood and Games summit - opinions?

Post by tvining »

I think you guys really need to get your product out there--from what I have seen of it and what kind of price you've been suggesting, you could take the industry by storm. Mocap is the final piece needed by independent animators and game producers to create quality human movement for animation and game sequences--high quality modeling, rendering, audio, editing, processing, storage, etc.--all of these are available to the independent producer with off-the-shelf products at relatively affordable prices (heck, even the big guys like WETA and Lucas Arts are using $500 software like zBrush and Vue!), but the one product still way out of reach for us is motion capture--it's still in the $50k range--but OptiTrack could change all that. Please, please, PLEASE make this available to us--I'm getting old animating by hand!

--Tim
http://www.auroratrek.com