Connecting to MotionBuilder

ariknorr

Connecting to MotionBuilder

Post by ariknorr »

Hi all!
I do realize that this whole system is new and the documentation is well... nowhere to be found. Few questions I need answer to and hope it helps others too.
1. what is the difference btw 2d data and trajectorized
2. can i export both 2d and trajecorized data to c3d? and bvh?
3. Ive seen videos in Motionbuilder where c3d data is imported and the markers show up automatically. This never works for me. Do I have to do anything special in Arena to make this possible?
4. Is it possible to run both Arena and MB on the same machine?
5. how about making the "stream frames" button change apperance when its pressed. (Maybe it does, but its not working on my machine)

Thanks for this :)

-ari
yoshi

Re: Connecting to MotionBuilder

Post by yoshi »

Hello,

1. .pt2 file contains raw 2d data from the camera, .pt3 file is trajectorized 3D data which you can edit/clean up for exporting.

2. Only trajectorized data can be exported as C3D/BVH

3. Once trajectorized, you can export as C3D or BVH file. If you want, you can post your capture data(.pt2/.skl/.c3d files), we can take a look.

4. It is possible if you have high spec machine, but it's generally better to run MotionBuilder on separate PC. On my 2GHz DualCore laptop, just running MotionBuilder causes CPU usage to go 50%.

5. Appearance does change as it is a button style check box. It might be hard to tell depending on the window theme you are using.
ariknorr

Post by ariknorr »

Thanks man !
Great to get reply so soon! I will try this in the morning and post a file if I run into trouble.
-ari
ariknorr

Post by ariknorr »

Hello,
to answer my 3. question... Going back to arena and play the take there makes the marker show up in MB.

-ari
digitizer

Post by digitizer »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Yoshi]...it's generally better to run MotionBuilder on separate PC...[/quote]

I have to admit I've never run and application on one PC and then exported the data at realtime to another application on a different computer!

Is it difficult? Is this part of Motionbuilder's features, or it is something that is done thru the operating system?
Birch

Post by Birch »

We provide a plugin for MotionBuilder which captures the realtime data streaming from Arena over the network.
Pixerati

Post by Pixerati »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Yoshi]Hello,

4. It is possible if you have high spec machine, but it's generally better to run MotionBuilder on separate PC. On my 2GHz DualCore laptop, just running MotionBuilder causes CPU usage to go 50%.[/quote]

I actually run ARENA and MotionBuilder at the same time on a Quad 2.6GHz PC with no problems. No loss of frames rate, and the two apps coexist happily. Occasionally get a crash when generating rigid bodies, but I'm not sure if that's a general bug in ARENA or due to sharing resources with MotionBuilder.
[URL=https://matchnow.info]Prime Сasual Dating[/URL]